Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Struts -> Tiles -> RequestProcessor

I've been battling all day with JBoss and struts and feel that this one is gonna need some documentation in case it ever creeps up and bites me in the ass again.

I switched from jboss-4.0.2 to jboss-4.0.3sp1 and have been gettin hit left and right with things that just don't fucking work. Or perhaps it's the way I've done them that don't fucking work. Well anyways, here's what happened.

The .ear that I deploy requests for a UnifiedClassLoader so as to enjoy the ability to package individual utility classes into reusable components.

Anyways, I had a struts.jar in the .war/lib dir and jboss kept tellin me that the RequestProcessor wasn't compatible with TilesRequestProcessor. Just delete your damn .jar file from the .war next time. NOTE TO SELF - DON'T DO STUPID THINGS!!!!

No comments: